Monday, July 23, 2007

mitty's haiku



Good Morning,

I am indeed back in Columbus; however, it seems there's been a little unrest here on the home-front while I was away. For the past couple days, Mitty has been pacing and worrying herself about her Monday Morning e-mail debut. She says she was anxious, didn't get the chance to show her best work, yadda yadda yadda. So, this morning I promised her she could do the e-mail again (gives me more time to goof off...).

So...

Greetings,

This is Mitten S. Kittens. This morning I'd like to
share with you some of my Haiku. I have tried to
preserve the traditional 5-7-5 syllable structure but
please keep in mind "meow" is a very tonal language.
Form and structure might not always be preserved in
translation.

Peace and Loving Kindness.

M.

Gentle as the dawn
A turd slips to the carpet
Wiping feet now sleep

Lily's arms droop down
Waiting eyelids half closed up
She says water me

I like to eat cheese
Summer, winter, spring and fall
Cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese!

...yeaaa for Mitty! (clap, clap, clap)

Happy Monday,

Amanda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Mitty,

Cool Haiku! Snoopy and Taz enjoyed it too. You're doing a great job taking over the blog.