Tuesday, April 22, 2008

good things about the body or chair dancing : )

Good Morning,

I was feeling a little low this weekend so i clicked up a good tune on my ipod...Madonna, JT, and i had only "4 Minutes" to save the world and we would do it with dance! After about 30 seconds, i caught a glimpse of my moves in the mirror and had a most unfavorable realization...

my moooves have gotten stale!...major crisis in the life of the dedicated dancer : )

so, i had to sit down and make a list.

10 good things my body has done or still does for me.

-90% of the time it gets me to the restroom

-my back, knees, hip, and foot have not fallen off yet

-it kept my heart beating throughout trauma

-it has allowed me to express some very important parts of myself, competitor, skilled expert, creator, leisurite

-it has alerted me to problems or kept me out of trouble

-it gave me good warm fuzzy feelings...i've been tickled by grandpa, hugged by dad, i've been able to capture and feel the electric tingle of a summer storm.

YES, i'm glad i have a body! (no matter shape, size, form, or ability : )

Glad I have a body to feel the weight of the covers made light knowing the love of your cat

Glad I have a body to catch the playfulness of a tickle

Glad I have a body to be a shelter in which to read a good book

Glad I have a body that screams bloody murder in a dress

BUT most important i'm glad i have a body that will at least always be able to chair dance!

http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchandlisten/play/a5b7c337

(oh boy)

Happy Monday.

Amanda
still 1st chair in the dance department
*call 1-800-FOR-DANZ for all challenge inquiries

1 comment:

Eva Yaa Asantewaa said...

It's good to remember all of this. Thanks!