Monday, April 20, 2009

a dress for dad' wedding?


Good Morning,

In addition to a stopover at the "Morning Dad" Bed & Breakfast, I enjoyed the glider rocker at my grandparent's over Easter weekend.

As I sat taking in the smooth back and forth motion of a new lounge chair, I watched all 86 years and 82 lbs of my grandma wrestle with a very large drink coaster. With apologies and no assistance, she managed to snap the adult-sized TV tray into place atop of which i sat my refreshment, a baby-sized can of Diet Pepsi.

I could no more have stopped this behavior than the question that was soon to follow. My dad's wedding is this summer (June 27th). As elderly ladies are wont to do, Grandma, thanks to my shopping savvy aunts, already has her dress. Naturally, as our conversation lulled into painful silence, my grandma turned to me and asked "Do you have your dress?"

I did not have the heart to tell her no Grandma I do not. The “IF-THEN” decision tree for wedding dresses is still barren inside my brain.

Instead I tried, "no i don't [have a dress] you know Judy [the bride] might have me wear something special…"

My Aunt Sara chimed in "well I know Judy loves to wear pink!"

Before I could reassure Grandma that I would/could maybe wear pink, a truer thought slipped out

Grandma I have not only not thought about my wedding dress I have blocked it so solidly out of my memory...then, you know, something about the sun not shining.

which spoken aloud sounds like:

"uhhhh..."

Sooo, i do not have a dress yet (or ever). with the help of Photoshop, I've been trying on some wedding outfits. attached are my top two choices so far...


just let me know if you're already wearing it. : )


Happy Monday,

Amanda

No comments: