Monday, July 20, 2009

10 things I've learned or done so far in Kansas


Good Morning,

I've found there is only one way to get the writing mind back on track and that is to make a list...so, to give you a taste of life here so far, I've come up with...

10 Things I've Learned or Done so far in Kansas!

I've prayed for a man who’s been injured by a cow.

I've shopped for hummus in a Hen House (grocery store).

I've discovered the campus of KU in beautiful and hilly.

As a passenger, received a warning from a county sheriff who from what we could tell was trying to smooth out his bunched panties (we had passed him going 73mph in a 70mph zone-geesh).

I've watched the 11 o’clock news at 10pm (It was and will ALWAYS be the ELEVEN o'clock news!)

I've learned Kansans are incredibly polite in opening doors.

I've learned straight-line winds (aka "thundergusts," or "hurricane on the prairie!") are a horizontal tornado-like phenomena that can rip the roof right off of a hotel! (see photo)

I've discovered 24/7 can be the name of a gym or what is required of the air conditioning unit.

I’ve had opportunities but not yet gone to the Corn Festival, the History of the Power Tool Museum, and the World’s Largest Ball or Twine exhibit.

I’ve had opportunities but not yet gone to the Corn Festival and the World’s Largest Ball or Twine exhibit.

I've enjoyed the nostalgia and the artistry and craftsmanship of the Black and Decker power drill...

and taken the artisan's oath...

“I love tools made for mechanics…They are so simple and plain and straight to their meaning. There is no “Art” about them. They have not been made beautiful, They are beautiful…Things are not done beautifully. The beauty is an integral part of their being done.” --Robert Henri

okay, : )

Happy Monday from the sunflower state,

Amanda

p.s. mitty's a little reluctant to give up her time in the MM spotlight so we've attached a photo of her doing "kitty work" (e.g., bathing).

No comments: