Monday, August 31, 2009

research at the Alo institute of yumminess


Good Morning,

I think sometimes when we knock on the door of opportunity it's really God playing a knock-knock joke.

Me: knock. knock.

God: who's there?

Me: me.

God: me who?

Me: me who would like a job to match my resume...


God doesn't do this exactly...

Through the magic of knocking on doors and resume passing, I've ended up with the invitation to enroll in a class at KU (Kansas U) with a nationally known leader in disability advocacy and research.

As I sat through the first lecture leafing through my syllabi, I noticed something has gone awry. In my thoughts and daily practices, I've always held visions of the ultimate Bodhisattva somewhere along the path toward Enlightenment compassionately helping others attain theirs before i complete my own...

It behooves my heart to figure how learning how to write a formal critique of "Satiation of a Vomiting Response Manuscript" is inching me toward nirvana.

So this morning before I head out to share my thought, or excuse me thoughts, on "An Evolutionary Approach to Evidence Based Policy" (what!??) I thought I'd get to the heart of something important.

According to my latest research, here are my recommendations for

Top 10 yummy frozen yogurt flavors

*sample taken from TCBY and Yummy's Over the Top Frozen Yogurt

1. golden vanilla- smooth creamy classic. great for adding flavorful toppings. great mixer and twist.

2. dutch chocolate- slightly disappointing. dark and rich. would avoid if you like lighter milk chocolate.

3. butter pecan- very nutty. must like pecans!

4. cotton candy- fun, bright pink and royal blue. sugary sweet. immediate memories of a childhood favorite without all the sticky mess.

5. cookies n cream- traditional classic. does not skimp on the Oreo or chocolate cookie.

6. hazelnut-- just a hint of coffee. a little vague nuttiness in flavor. okay as a mixer.

7. mint chocolate chip- most distinct. clean refreshing. disturbing consistency. smear and sticks to spoon like margarine or Crisco.

8. peanut butter-- smooth creamy. cannot be mistaken for anything other than real peanut butter.

9. white chocolate mousse-- excellent alone. most versatile. best mixed with caramel or peanut butter.

10. caramel- bold. unique flavor. pleasing light brown/tan color. excellent mixed with white chocolate mousse or vanilla. also adds to without getting lost or overpowering chocolate.

**note to be avoided at all cost California tart- supposed to taste like cheesecake. but cheek puckering sour milk.

okay Happy Monday,

Amanda

1 comment:

Bee said...

This made me so hungry!