Monday, December 14, 2009

southern California Living


Good Morning,

Well, I'm back in Kansas but as they say, I've "drunk the juice" and am completely smitten with southern California...

I decided this the morning of the trip when I walked outside wrapped in a blanket...because it was December, it was sunny, and eating a bowl of Cheerios outside on patio furniture seemed so "naughty girl" in December.

Looking back, I can see how the chair was not prepared for sitting. There were widely spaced plastic strips to help frame and support the overlying cushion...NOT a rapidly descending behind! I aimed and plopped my behind hoping it would hold. WHOOPS! CRASH!!! It did not...and there I lay pinned in the chair, starring up at the beautiful clear blue sky thinking YES this is where I want to be...

I love dolphins, whales, and now feel I have a visceral connection to the sea crab. I could do nothing to free myself just flailed my limbs about.

Pain registered in my rump. I was unsure how to call for help. "Uh, uh Shan?" I cried trying to sound calm, cool, unalarmed. Shan sat just inside engaged in the world of students, grades, deadlines, computers... "Uh, Shan!?" I tried again. "I uh need help."

Shan said she heard a crash, but it did not sound as alarming as previous CRASHES I have landed (see fat lip photo!!!). Still, within a moments notice she was at the door...

In looking back, I keep insisting. Come on Shan that had to look hilarious. I was stuck in a chair, feet in the air...Shan will only reluctantly admit there's an element of surprise I bring to the table that cannot be overlooked...I'm calling it survival or humor.

Attached is the picture of the chair (sorry Javette. thank you for your hospitality).

For more complete picture, here is the link to my other trip photos...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/gallery/creativeapps/slideShow/Main.jsp?token=720896328308:1696782557&facebook=true&sourceId=984136008703

My point. Sometimes when life gives you those painful moments when you don't know if you're gonna laugh or cry. Choose the laugh if you can. Otherwise it's really gonna hurt in the end.

Happy Monday,

Amanda

No comments: