Monday, July 7, 2008

more disability dancing

Good Morning,

If you've checked my Team Reeve blog you may have read of my hip injury. I slept wrong the other night and morning weight bearing attempts proved difficult...

No worries. i've taken all the high kicks out of my Barracuda routine... (thanks Fergie!)...no, no, no, after proper stretching i was/am able to return to my training.

update: $850.75 (thanks to YOU all alone)
team goal: $2,500

So...thank you for helping me make my team members look bad...NO NO NO, I am completely kidding!!!! It's hard to overlook the fact that I have a "hook." (*family: yes i guess as Bing says even little Judy's gotta have an angle : ).

i am truly humbled and appreciate the response so far.

truth be told one of my biggest pet peeves/least favorite things is "hype." sorry for being so scattered this morning but i just finished reading an article "How Far would you go for a Cure?"

(excerpt from SELF magazine)

"Ricci Kilgore swings her hips to the right, throws
her leg into the air and lands her boot with a thud on
the fresh snow. She swings her hips to the left,
crunches her left boot down and then swings back
again. she struts 10 feet on the snowy concrete like
this, ambling side to side like a caricature of a
cowboy. Then she climbs a flight of stairs and comes
back down again, dancing a little as she plops in her
wheelchair, her bright smile practically melting the
snow around her..."

you may find me crawling around over ice and snow to get to the car, but i'm NOT smiling. that's not me!

i'm the type of person who smiles when i say

"If you want to excite your children, all you
need to do is mutter the words Kings Island!!!! (in
your part of the country this could also be Disneyland, Six
Flags or Disney World) For those who can afford it
and maaaaany who can't it's only one good minivan
drive or over-packed church van ride away...etc. etc."

what really makes me smile is sharing things with friends and family...okay, so, there's been a request for more disability dancing.

so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyKz5L9Sog

Happy Monday,

Amanda aka A-lo
*i've only got 10min. to get to work!

No comments: