Tuesday, August 19, 2008

training inspiration

Good Morning,

I have some very fun "cool" news to share this morning. Hold on, I have to go put on my leotard...

wheewh, okay, I'm back. my cool news is that i passed my Personal Trainer Certification exam. after a few good romps on the floor with Recessa-Annie (i.e., CPR doll), i will be able to offer my counseling and training experiences as a personal trainer.

This has been a life long goal of mine-i love ideas, the mind-body connection and a good sweat!

i guess this is why i was a little off guard last Monday when I shared my triumph with my boss and her startled reply was

"well, what do you get to do with that?"

Open a taco stand? What else does someone do with PT certification? My mind has yet to consider all the possibilities but mostly i am certain that i will find some form of employment at a gym.

(I work for an agency that HELPS PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES find employment. not discourage it!)

As is the case in most of these situations, my boss quickly re-routed her course and we both started to laugh...

In a voice filled with swirling possibilities...and the challenges of spotting the 500lbs. deadlift, i gave what my Buddha mind deemed the most appropriate response..."well I guess right now I get to be really excited!"

so as i wait for talent, skills, and opportunity to align i've come up with

10 ways i can bring value to my profession (term used loosely. i am first and mostly a writer)

1. Bring self-identifying dishes to my pot lucks…on the dessert table mine will be the Angel food cake topped with whipped air

2. Set my goals high. i already put in my application at Sky Sport! (noooo, Jackie W. is a Kettering, OH girl...also a little touched by the crazy)

3. Audition for infomercials : )

4. Annoy family by suggesting a Christmas jog

5. wear my Spandex outfits 24-7

(excuse me while i go change...gotta see which one of these babies is gonna work best)

okay...i'm back

6. Flex in front of every mirror in my apartment at least once a day

7. Give demos on how to do things at the office (this could be veeeery effective. my workspace is technically in the break room : )

8. Yell out spontaneous encouragers when I see people struggling with difficult chores... ("GO ON you can do it! HURDLE the HOSE!)

9. Design programs like "partner-yoga-scuba" (do that one in the pool) or orthotic shoe camp (disabled version of boot camp)

10. or simply race people with my cart at the grocery store

okay, and a bonus one...hmm, maaaybe Not so discretely put my hands all over hot people.

you got it baby!

Happy Monday,

Amanda

"making the world a better place one sweat bead at a time!"

No comments: