Tuesday, December 2, 2008

5 Ingredients to Happiness

Good Morning,

In these difficult economic times, I've been asking WWBTGD?

What Would Buddha Teacher Gil Do?

I do not think he would suggest abandoning our consumer behaviors and picking up the alms bowl. I do not think he would talk about greed and the Middle Way. What I think he would suggest is looking into our daily lives for those mindful moments that keep our values straight.

This past weekend I went to visit my friend Melissa in the "Nursing Care Facility." Before I left, she asked if I could pick up a couple items from the store. At the most basic level, I'm carrying this list in my pocket. I haven't processed it completely yet but I'm sharing this list and what each item means to me...because somewhere in there I think you can find


5 Ingredients for Happiness

--Q-Tips- it's important to always listen before you speak

--Little Debbie NASCAR Snack Cakes - always ask Are You Sure? when you start to close down and feel things can only be one way (i.e., really?...really? "Little Debbie" wants a piece of nasty NASCAR...)

--Little Debbie Banana Nut Muffins- always bring something to share

--good smelling lotion- it's okay to treat your skin AND your nose. why get a nasty smelling lotion if you can make 2 for 1 happy?

--A & D ointment- into every life there will be those sore spots and ugliness that need ointment

okay, sorry for the half-baked thoughts this morning.

Happy Monday,

Amanda

No comments: