Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sundance '09 Trip


Good Morning,

Time to get out my Cuddle Duds! I'm gettin' ready to rub elbows with the stars!!! I've been lucky enough to get invited to the 2009 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah. From January 20 thru the 26th, I will be hanging out with a class of college students studying documentary film-making and serving as a "special consultant" on their group project. In theory, the students will be making a 60 min. film on some aspect of disability and culture.

While I'm excited to have this important opportunity to help mold young minds, I'm perhaps a little more excited to be working on my own project while I'm there. I'm planning to do some video blogging for my Monday Morning News & the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation site.

In preparation, I've been doing a little research. I thought you might enjoy some of these interesting facts.

1. average temp in Park City for January- 18F (...what?)
2. average snow in Park City for January- 73 in. (huh?!?)
3. base depth "snow already on the mountain..."- 53'in.

(oh no no no...)

4. each year more than 50,000 people attend screenings...in addition to discovering filmmaking's newest talent...Festivalgoers experience...

(frostbite? maaaan that's cold)

5. here's the link to the Sundance Film Guide on-line if you'd like to see this years line-up.

http://festival.sundance.org/2009/


Happy Monday!

Amanda

p.s. ...Walking Times Egyptian Theater to Eccles Theater. 2.5 miles 50min...

No comments: