Sunday, October 25, 2009

Arrogance Experiment...

Good Morning,

I was given a task this weekend to practice being arrogant. One may assume that this is Devil's play but I assure you I had to look the word up.

arrogance- n. overbearing pride evidenced by a superior manner toward inferiors.

So, I put on my Chargers hat (the Chargers played the Chiefs this weekend) and headed out the door with my new attitude. Very quickly I learned at age 34 it is not possible to maintain "haughtiness" as I hopped in the car and recognized a Miley Cyrus song fired up on the radio “Party in the U.S.A.!!!”...and i'm kinda sorta nodding along...

Noddin’ my head like yea
Movin my hips like yea
I got my hands up,
They’re playin my song
I know im gonna be ok
Yea, It's a party in the USA
Yea, It's a party in the USA

okay, I thought, if arrogance is eluding me, perhaps I could aim for the lesser...confidence!

I drove toward KU campus…a haven, a place where I can experience the coolness of certainty. I would settle for Mr. Webster’s b. faith or belief that one will act in a right, proper, or effective way.

It was a football Saturday…

See photo.





On every corner young Jayhawks celebrated playing the drinking game beer pong!* I’m not sure the rules of this game but I had the sneaking suspicion that sitting in one’s car snapping photos of the novelty of it all is not the least bit right or proper…

So… unable to do arrogance or find confidence. I drove home.

(…more Party in the U.S.A.)

So I got my hands up
They’re playing my song,
And the butterflys fly away
I’m Noddin’ my head like yea
I’m movin’ my hips like yea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M11SvDtPBhA

I thought I’d take a shot at fun. It has been many moons since I’ve danced…So experiment redux: arrogance and confidence, let me just say both are overrated. An hour of dancing ends in happy every time.

and a Jay Z song was on
and the Jay Z song was on
and the Jay Z song was on

So I put my hand up
They’re playin my song.

Happy Monday,

Alo

*notes:
- beer pong- skills required: aiming, taunting, alcohol tolerance
- cats are completely unimpressed with arrogance experiments

No comments: