Monday, November 2, 2009

What to do with Rainbow Twizzlers...


Good Morning,

This morning I have an important issue to discuss with you. It is the common plight of the apartment dweller, what to do with all of the left over Halloween candy? This year, not a single little munchkin beat a path to our door. I am left to stare into my bowl of Rainbow Twizzlers and dream of...

10 Things to do with Rainbow Twizzlers.

1. drop into cup holders of the cardio machines at the gym

2. attach them to belt and tell folks "I am Rainbow Brite. This is my color belt I use to bring color to all the land!"

3. save and pass out these twisted ropes on March 16 to celebrate Nelson Mandela's release from prison and receiving of the International Gandhi Peace Prize. If so moved, you might also add these words to help celebrate the Rainbow Nation, the most multiethnic government ever formed...

"Death to Racism! Glory to the sisterhood and brotherhood (word up!) of peoples throughout the world!" (Mandela, 1990)

4. put a pack in the glove compartment of the car in case of need to resuscitate a small bird. the stunned bird will clamp down thinking it's a worm. the tube with the hole can be used to pump in air...

5. use them to recruit club members at an activities fair. for this idea i've consulted the "A Grin of Salt" blog. (a straight man and ally of the gay community)

There's an interesting phenomenon that occurs around the Spectrum table at an Activities Fair. Prospective members look at our table curiously, and then when they realize what the club is, turn away. Avert their eyes. Blush and look to see if anyone noticed. After 10 minutes, I got fed up with this, so I decided to meet these prospective members where they were at, meaning I was going to embarrass them even more. I acknowledged that they didn't want to come over by throwing Rainbow Twizzlers and Skittles at them and then eventually, to them. "You don't have to join our club," I said, " but you can still have our candy." Soon the kids joined me and began throwing candy to their peers saying, "Taste the rainbow! Taste the rainbow!"

http://agrinofsalt.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-friend-kevin-48-year-old-gay-man.html

6. make a necklace. string dental floss through and arrange in favorite color combinations... not only will you be fashionable but you will also have a snack handy in emergency situations.

7. use them in other creative and crafty ways...such as for flowers in cupcake decorations

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugar-bliss/448634872/in/set-72157594587404223/ (for complete details)

8. take to your morning research meeting as a low fat alternative to the usual quick breads and donuts

9. give rainbow swords to your marshmallow people

10. the pragmatic person might wonder...why not just EAT them. more left over candy means more for you! for this i will just simply leave you with this, no I have not tried them yet but I have just read these reviews on a candy blog.

"I normally love lemon flavors, this one was edible yet reminiscent of cleaning fluids."

"...the blue raspberry...its flavor is also mild, with a bit of a plasticky overtone."

"My favorite flavor is the grape, which tastes about as artificial-grape as you can get, like every cheap grape popsicle you’ve ever eaten, but in a good way."

"next to the most disgusting thing that ever has gone into my mouth!"

"For the love of all that’s Holy and Good on this planet, if you love small children, fuzzy pets, and life in general DO NOT BUY THIS CANDY!"

okay, so maybe there was a guiding hand in this... small children were not made to suffer this holiday at my door. i will consider this a small victory for now and pass it on...

Happy Monday,

Amanda

No comments: