Monday, November 15, 2010

meeting with Pastor Holly update...


Good Morning,

Well, my meeting with Pastor Holly went quite well even if the outcome was not expected. As is the way of today's on-the-go culture, we met at a Panera Breads and shared a Pepsi. If there's one thing I took away from the talk, it's this Pastor Holly has run a marathon and has an interesting way of eating an apple...(okay, that's two...)

As we sat outside at a table next to a busy side street, I watched as she pulled a plump red apple and a kitchen knife from her purse. I would describe Holly as a down home girl from Texas. There's a refreshing candor and earnestness when she listens and a pfffft (finger!) to the world when she gets down to business. Still, I was caught a little off guard as she deftly sliced her apple and tossed the seeds, peel, and fleshy extras over the iron gate...right onto the grass!

Our discussion with my reservations and permission, ended up in yesterday morning's sermon. Very strange to hear some of the most intimate details of your life shared so publicly. Thankfully the sermon was long and my story served as an illustrative point not the main message. I'm not sure anyone in the congregation realized Holly was speaking about me and I'd like to keep it that way.

So...

As a far more interesting side note, I'd like to mention that the choir had a soloist this week--a tremendous woman of spirit who goes for the high HIGH note at the end of every song. Finally, standing apart from her peers...a six-foot tall, gray hair woman shaking her shoulders smiling up at the Lord in glee!!!

I thought, well alright then... : ). Let's celebrate her. I witnessed after the service her JOY as she continued singing down the hall and on into the bathroom.

This is the kind of week I'd like for you to have.

Happy Monday,

Amanda

p.s. sorry for the lack of profundity. this topic is a large one to digest.

No comments: