Monday, August 8, 2011

zip-line adventure on!



Good Morning,

Strap on your helmets! It's time for another "Alo" Adventure! In about two weeks, I will be zip-lining!!! Given the opportunity to dangle from a wire and hurl down an incline at break-neck speed, I thought oh yes, this is me!...

Actually, the truth of the matter is, is that I was invited by a young Girl Scout with a birthday and a very impassioned troop leader with ropes course training. This I found is much harder to say no to than a box of cookies (Thin Mints or otherwise...).

I've attached a link to a video clip of what I think I will be doing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvOh0qLDTQs&feature=related

And here is the reasoning I will be using to show up for the celebration.

A zip-line repel with a bunch of Girl Scouts...chances are good that someone’s going to be able to get me down if I get stuck.

Should I get stuck, someone’s going to be earning a merit badge.

If I enjoy it, I will have something, albeit a lightly used something to expand my social circle...

Would you like to join our zip-line league? Every Thursday we go and see who has the fastest combined time!

I was always told "kids...DO NOT hang on the clothes line!" So, I have now basically decided to dangle from one clipped in at the navel. I AM rebellious!

I will get to wear a harness and a helmet. The sure sign of the cool adventurer. : )

And last...I'm going to be on step closer to achieving my life-long goal of being a super hero! I've learned the zip-line has been used in some instances for delivering food, cigarettes or tools to people working on the other side of an obstacle such as a gully or river...Excellent!

Happy Monday everyone,

Amanda

No comments: