Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Secret Dance Journal


8/25/07

I'm not sure why, but all my hip hop moves look a bit violent. Maybe next I will sign up for a self-defense class.

No really, this week was a challenging one. This was the week where the wheat separated from the chaff! The third lesson in a five lesson set is where you really learn who's into it. My observations from today's session:

girl with PINK written on her butt waaay into it
her friend in the cutoff college intramural t-shirt waay into it
old lady who had her friend tell the instructor she couldn't make it due to back pain from last week nooot that into it

me, oh yes, i'm still into it. perhaps more so than i care to admit or would like to be. I arrived my usual 20min. early...and started tearing up as I watched this lovely couple practice the Waltz...Scott and Ninida(???) From the way they moved together it was easy to assume they were instructors practicing for a show. I allowed my mind to go there... slow slow quick quick slow

(*see photo above...playing the part of me is the nice quiet Asian man : )

around and around the dance floor. i watched their feet, felt the movement shift.

I must have been sitting there smiling like a ninny because when they suddenly stopped Scott the male dancer smiled and clapped to himself "Ooo let's do it again...” encouraging his partner who had erred or broken form..."Our audience LOOOVED it."

(YES she did, she loved it! but...)

AUDIENCE??? i couldn't help but fight back the tears... damnit i don't want to be some Sanjiya lovin freak!

I am a HIP HOP DANCER in deep meditative mental preparation for my third ABLE bodied dance class! darnit.

That's when the couple walked over, shook my hand, i think they were going to pat me on the head... but instead introduced themselves...(Scott and Blahblahblah???) and called me Samanda : (

Samanda is hardly the name of a hip hop dancer!

Anyway,

Here are my moves for this week. hope you enjoy. (*just for anyone new who might be reading this. i have a spinal cord injury...)

http://web.mac.com/amv12/iWeb/Site/hiphoplesson3.html

http://homepage.mac.com/amv12/iMovieTheater10.html (Windows users)


Happy Monday

A-Lo/Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

Just wanted to tell you that your dancing is great!! You are much braver than me and dance better too. Keep up the great work.

aloha,
Carolynn