Sunday, September 23, 2007

Mitty's Fall Haiku










Good Morning,

Yesterday (Sept. 23) at 5am was the official beginning of Fall. Today I’ve invited a special guest to join me in the studio Mitten S. Kittens…Ms. Mittens has appeared previously on this site and this morning has been kind enough to share with us some poems from her Fall haiku collection:

A Tribute to Fall

Sunbeams bath my perch
Birds still poop in the feeder
Snowy silence soon

Oh wrinkly raisin
Nestled deep in the carpet
Hidden gems of barf

Yellow leaves they fall
On grass still green yet crunchy
I like tuna treats!

Lily’s arms droop low
Off to sleep I fight it now
Offer her my cheese

Licking my toes clean
I smell cheese, cheese, cheese cheese cheese!
No worries about my butt


yeaaa, Mitty! (clap, clap, clap)

Happy Monday,

Amanda

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mitty,

I love your poems! I really feel we are on the same page about a lot of things...I feel so understood.

I would love to hear your thoughts on litter, kicking dust-storms out of the box, and how you've come to love Lily, the house plant...also would be interested to know what you like to do when Amanda leaves the house and you are alone.

Please publish your poems in a convenient booklet.

Your Fan,
Cumin

Anonymous said...

Ms. Mitty,

Love your Tribute to Fall Haiku, especially the "wrinkly raisin" gem! Thanks for making me smile!

Your new friend,
lauren

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitty,

You rock!! That was awesome and we love it! You must have some good hairball stories too. We can't wait for the next haiku. Maybe you can tell Amanda to start a fan club for you.

love,
Taz & Snoopy

Anonymous said...

Dear Mitty,
Your poems are lovely and intelligent. Thank you for sharing iwth us other furry types.
Cubby

Anonymous said...

Dear Mitty,
I don't get it.
JJ